Hill Farm Barn is a 16th Century Suffolk barn set in the village of Earl Soham and is surrounded by three acres of gardens and woodland. The Barn has a magnificent oak framed garden room looking out over the grounds with bi-fold doors leading out onto the terrace. It is a light and airy space to lift your soul. Throughout the grounds are places for reflection to clarify your thoughts including a meadow now planted with 1000 trees from the woodland trust. And throughout the barn itself are quiet nooks – the massive story telling chair, the wing chairs by the woodburning stove, the comfy sofas in the pink painted snug all there to comfort and support you.
Sally’s vision for your retreat day is to provide a calm haven for you to stand back from your life, be nurtured and supported to acknowledge your current challenges and to begin to identify a way forward.
The days run from 9.30 to 3.30 but can be tailored to the needs of the group. Some retreats are specifically run on a Saturday to help those who may be working full time or for whom it would be easier to attend at a weekend.
The days allow for a combination of approaches
- A sharing of current contexts and challenges.
- The use of wellbeing wheels to identify your areas of strength and areas for development as a starting point to the day.
- A balance of paired and group activities to support one another in planning ways forward.
- Time and space for individual reflection.
- Drafting key actions to make that definite next step.
- Hearing of successful strategies
- Celebrating your success in defining your direction of travel.
The days are intended to be ‘treat days’ where for once you are treating yourself and will feature home made delicious mini treats mid morning, an alfresco lunch in the woodland and a celebration afternoon tea. All designed to make you feel just a little indulged whilst you map your more balanced life!